Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The decision

This project has been dormant for a little bit. I've been grappling with the decision of whether to pursue my own MBA or attend a program. To spend my time on these posts or allocate that time to studying for the GMAT.

Which would I rather be doing? Writing here and learning. Which is more fun? This. Is an education supposed to be fun? Maybe.

This will never result in a promotion. It will never result in recognition (which we all crave, some more than others).

It doesn't have the same branding as Harvard or Columbia.

But, this is my idea, my contribution, made real.

I could do both. Attend an MBA while still blogging. But would I really be committed to forging my own path? I think not. It'd be a farce.

It'd be me doing what's expected of me while rationalizing that I was doing something of my own.

So, I am going to give this a trial run. Truly committed. Up to this point it has felt half-hearted. 2 Months. And if I enjoy it, I will continue. If not, I will discontinue.

Can't I learn more by taking the initiative and pursuing my own goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment