Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Linchpin (Page 4.25): The Lizard Brain

External iteration of the lizard brain: Do it this way, it's easier. Don't step out of line.

Internal Iterations of the lizard brain: I could look foolish. If this fails, then I am a failure. I'll just stay safe, it's not worth it.

Me and My Lizard Brain:
For me the lizard brain (that anxiety in your chest) sets in when I trust the idea of the Free MBA. I have friends who are pursuing their degrees from prestigious institutions, but for some reason, at least in this point in time, this project seems as though its teaching me more than any university could. Teaching me to overcome the resistance I have succumbed to so many times before. It seems odd, staying out of school to learn.

But I can do it, with a library card and social capital. Seth is the first contributor. And I’ve learned a lot.
In this economy where information and knowledge are no longer guarded jewels of industry, but available to any industrious person, we can ship our own ideas. Make them real.

This makes the lizard brain crazy (my is going nuts). But, we can learn to evolve farther up the evolutionary brain chain, and achieve the potential in our ideas (and us) that the lizard brain would have us otherwise squander.

I am fighting my lizard brain (with this project). So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment