Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Linchpin: My Resistance

I finished reading Linchpin. And dog-eared about every other page. Seth donated up to 15 pages to this project. The only problem is that every page is worthy of dedicating further attention to.

So, then I hit a road block and couldn't figure out what to do next. So many choices, I didn't want to screw up. I was afraid of failing. Not posting something good enough, or savvy enough. I reverted to yearning for someone to tell me what to do, tell me how to think, and what to write and learn.

But, then it hit me...fear. The lizard brain crept on me, and moved me down the evolutionary time-line--fight or flight, all or nothing. Why should I be so anxious, I am failing in advance (future post). So, I am challenging the anxiety and pushing through the resistance.

For me, linchpins simply fear less than the rest of us. Of course, there are other things to learn (for them all I encourage you to pick up a copy-I got mine at the library), but the most important is that fear shouldn't stop us in our tracks. We need to endure, and be the rock waves of anxiety crash against in a sea of uncertainty.

So, the remainder of this Linchpin series will be overcoming anxiety and reigning in fear so we can each create forward motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment